[K12OSN] OT - disk clone over network

David Trask dtrask at vcsvikings.org
Thu Aug 16 05:14:12 UTC 2007

Clonezilla!  You can use Clonezilla Live CD and do just about
anything....one thing is to upload the master image to a server via ssh
(using Clonezilla) and then use Clonezilla on the rest to pull the image
down.  However....I have DRBL working quite well....here are the
beginnings of my how-to

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dfvj9xq4_25q2xn7j

What I do....is turn off my regular DHCP while imaging on my LAN (for
laptops you could set up a seperate little subnet or LAN) and let the DRBL
server do the DHCP while imaging.  Clonezilla multicast is VERY fast!

http://clonezilla.sourceforge.net/

I cross-posted this reply as I thought Edubuntu folks might also be
interested....I used this to image MANY Edubuntu desktops.