Re: [K12OSN] transparent proxying workstations from eth0 to eth1

Yay...a breakthrough this morning...

just turning on those services 'transparent-proxying' etc.etc.etc..
doesn't do much ;)

one must actually edit the /etc/squid.conf file (and squidGuard.conf if they plan on filtering anything)

and there these are the items I edit'd:

http_port  192.168.0.254:3128 transparent   (to allow transparent proxying)

THEN-----in the ACL section...

acl ltsp src 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0

THEN-----in the http_access section

http_access allow ltsp

and finally...the line to redirect stuff through SquidGuard..I put as the last line of the file

redirect_program /usr/bin/squidGuard -c /etc/squid/squidGuard.conf

now...this oddly still bypasses my content filter set up at my gateway..and I'm not sure why...(thus I had to put squidGuard on the local LTSP box as well)...but now my windows users behind my LTSP server can transparent proxy in joy.

--Huck