[K12OSN] samba drives/home folder and MS Vista probs

Barry Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Sat Aug 18 12:24:22 UTC 2007

Hi Huck,

Here are my listings for Samba. Maybe Ive got something malformed
somewhere. I'm good at that:).

[netlogon]
path         =  /home/netlogon # This dir is here BTW
share modes  =  No

[home]
comment   =  homes for domain
path      =  %H
read only =  No

startup.bat has:
net use h: \\ltspserver\home
( I ran unix2dos on this after creating and placing it in the
\home\netlogon directory & changing both DIR and startup.bat to 755 perms)

Question: Shouldn't I need to designate somewhere in the globals of Samba
to run the startup.bat file?   duuuuhh me..
FYI: This setup is working fine for Win2000 & XP machines.
I'm still thinking it has something to do with the Vista "fast browsing"
and or the ext .v2 that Vista looks for on the home folders as I've seen
this in some other Samba/ Vista problems post. I've never seen a 1. 2. 3.
do this fix for it,though:(.
Also I forgot, what is the command you run to parse the samba file for
integrity? I completely forgot just now? ..testparrm??...maybe..
I'm guessing I am going to have to update Samba to at least 3.0.23 to make
this get fixed:(..Which menas fresh install of something like FC% which
probably should be done anyway.

Thanks
Barry Cisna