[K12OSN] problem with pivot root identifing the nic

Jim McQuillan jam at mcquil.com
Sun Aug 19 14:59:49 UTC 2007

Jacob,

You need to pass an option to the kernel, so it knows which module to load.

I think the parameter you want to pass is 'NIC=forcedeth'.

I'm assuming you are using PXE to boot the clients, so you'll need to
add that to the PXE config file.  Take a look at:

    http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/KernelOptions#PXE

For information about how to pass that option to the kernel.

Jim McQuillan
jam at Ltsp.org