[K12OSN] problem with pivot root identifing the nic

Barry Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Sun Aug 19 16:29:04 UTC 2007

Jacob,

It sounds like your clients are very close to booting, but I bet IRQ/DMA
or something is choking them. Do the following as this may reveal a little
more details. In a terminal do:
tail -f /var/log/messages   ( on the server)
then,,, boot one of your clients and post back here what you are getting
in the [output] message log.
If you can't figure it out, I've found its about as easy to buy some $5
Realtek8139 pci nics and throw in any clients that are giving you fits and
move on to something else:). These always work without a hitch!
Here is a pretty good link that tells about that  Nvidia nic & kind of
explains all the nitty gritty on the Nvidia nic driver:

  http://dev.gentoo.org/~dsd/nforce-net-to-forcedeth.htm

Take Care

Barry Cisna