Re: [K12OSN] samba drives/home folder and MS Vista probs

Barry Cisna wrote:
Hi Huck,

Here are my listings for Samba. Maybe Ive got something malformed
somewhere. I'm good at that:).

[netlogon]
path         =  /home/netlogon # This dir is here BTW
share modes  =  No

[home]
comment   =  homes for domain
path      =  %H
read only =  No

startup.bat has:
net use h: \\ltspserver\home
( I ran unix2dos on this after creating and placing it in the
\home\netlogon directory & changing both DIR and startup.bat to 755 perms)

Question: Shouldn't I need to designate somewhere in the globals of Samba
to run the startup.bat file?   duuuuhh me..

Yes...you should designate it..

logon script = startup.bat
logon drive = H:

that is what I have.

and for [home]  I have the following:

comment = Home Directories
browseable = no
writable = yes

and for [netlogon] I have the following:

comment = Network Logon Service

path = /usr/local/samba/lib/netlogon (MINE..not yours ;)

guest ok = yes
writable = no
share modes = no

and that's it...