Re: [K12OSN] 5.0.1 EL DVD Install Looking for CDs

Hi Robert,

Based on your referenced thread, I gather you ended up installing with some media source other than DVD (or got a Dell Celeron Home series machine ;-)). Trouble is, I don't have another machine available at the moment to create an NFS share on or to serve as a HTTP host and I'm not quite sure yet how to setup a hard disk installation.

Mark

On 8/21/07, Robert Arkiletian <robark gmail com> wrote:
On 8/21/07, Mark Trimble <matrimble gmail com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When running a DVD install of 5.0.1 EL and I select CDROM as the install
> media (there is no DVD option), the install stops, ejects the DVD and
> reports that it cannot find a CentOS install CD. I must have skipped a step
> somewhere, but am not sure where.

I had the same problem. See this thread
https://listman.redhat.com/archives/k12osn/2007-May/msg00248.html
--