Re: [K12OSN] Launchers won't run without terminal

There's a setting you need to change or add in /etc/sudoers to allow users to run things under sudo without the need for a terminal. I forget what the setting is, but check the sudoers man page.

Peter

Joe Korzeniewski wrote:
Hello everybody,

I am having a problem that I am guessing is very simple. I have my /etc/sudoers set up to allow teachers to run fl_teachertool without entering a password. sudo /usr/sbin/fl_teachertool works like a charm from the terminal. When I create a launcher to run that command though it does nothing. If I change the launcher to run in a terminal it works perfectly again. Any idea how to make it run without needing to open a terminal?

Thanks,

-Joe

Joe Korzeniewski
Network Administrator