[K12OSN] Re: Local devices and samba/ldap...need help

I believe that you'll need to create the fuse group on the smbldap server to match the group ID on the ltsp server. But that isn't enough, and I'm not sure what the next step is.
If you get it figured out, please follow up on the list.

Thanks,

Luis

David Trask wrote:
Ok...I have my Edubuntu servers (feisty)  authenticating to a Samba/LDAP
server (plain 'ol Ubuntu Feisty server).  Just now I tried to use a USB
thumbdrive in a thin-client and it doesn't show up.  Couple things I'm
wondering....could this be because the user is not a part of one of the
essential groups for local devices...like fuse or something.  Or is local
devices not enabled by default?  Any ideas where to start?

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Director
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask vcsvikings org