[K12OSN] Local devices and samba/ldap...need help

Sonja Gonzalez sgonzalez at sau83.org
Thu Aug 23 14:46:06 UTC 2007

Dave--

Thanks for the heads up on this. Feisty comes with built in support, but you have to enable all you users to be able to see the drive. Here are the commands I used, thanks to Gadi who sent them to me last year when I was doing this same thing:

a. sudo chmod a+x /usr/bin/fusermount

b. modify /etc/udev/rules.d/45-fuse.rules such that:  MODE="666"
   and running:  sudo /etc/init.d/udev restart
   and, what the heck, for good measure:  sudo chmod 666 /dev/fuse

I think this might save you from having to re-create the users. It worked for me.

sonja

Sonja Gonzalez
Director of Technology
Ellis School