Re: [K12OSN] I need a list of good FOSS apps for k12LTSP and for FOSS workstations

Shockwave works pretty well with crossover office.

On 23/08/07, Joe Korzeniewski <jkorzeni battle-creek k12 mi us > wrote:
http://blog.explorelearning.com/2004/11/shockwave_on_li.html

This link talks about using crossover. If it works with crossover, it may work with plain old wine, either way, it is worth a shot. You can find lots of guides to install IE on linux (I am not sure if ies4linux would work when planning to install another addon, but you might try that route first), then you should just be able to download the sw plugin and install it using wine.

-Joe

Joe Korzeniewski
Network Administrator
Battle Creek Public Schools
p. 269-965-9667
c. 269-209-9677

>>> "Christian Einfeldt" < einfeldt gmail com> 08/22/07 9:53 PM >>>
hi,

I am a volunteer supporting a public middle school in San Francisco with
FOSS.  We are getting ready for the new school year, and one of the teachers
would like to use this site

http://www.explorelearning.com/

Unfortunately, it requires Adobe shockwave, a non-Free software package.  We
are in the process of moving the operating system on our server from K12LTSP
to Edubuntu.  I am wondering if anyone here has succeeded in getting
shockwave running in any kind of k12LTSP or edubuntu networks.  We are
currently running on a Xeon dual core 2gb machine, but will soon be moving
to a slightly faster machine.

Thanks!