Subject: [K12OSN] HELP!! creating bulk users
From: "Randall Swift" <swift msad52 org>
Date: Thu, August 23, 2007 2:20 pm
To: k12osn redhat com

I have a server with ubuntu 6.06 on it. I ran the smbldap-installer
script and have it set up as my pdc. I created over 800 users useing the
bulk add scripts that came with the installer. I noticed however that it
did not create any home directory for these users. If I manually create a
single user everything is fine home directory is created. I need to have
home directories for these users. I need this fixed fast as school starts
next week. Everything worked fine last year when I had it all running on
fedora. This summer I switched it all over to ubuntu and have had nothing
but headaches. I need help fast. Thanks for any input.

Randy Swift
Networ! k Administrator
Leavitt Area High School
Turner, Maine 04282