Re: [K12OSN] Client Gateway w/1 Server nic

Since you're dealing with single-NIC servers, you can just have the DHCP's gateway setting point to the real gateway. Having it point to the K12LTSP server will work, too, but it just routes the traffic unnecessarily through the K12LTSP server, adding an extra hop.

Peter

Mel Wade wrote:
I'm setting up servers that will provide LTSP clients on our main
network.  The servers will have just one nic.  DHCP will be provided
from our AD Domain Controller.

I went through the files listed on K12LSTP.org and changed the
appropriate references to operate on one nic.

That got me to wondering about the Gateway IP that the DHCP should
provide to the LTSP clients.  Should the gateway be the IP address of
the LTSP server or the true network gateway? or does it matter?