Re: [K12OSN] I need a list of good FOSS apps for k12LTSP and for FOSS workstations

Hi Christen

Rushed in to suggest http://tinyurl.com/3e4sh8 as a good source of K12 FOSS apps, only to realize that your needs were rather specific in nature. I hope you find a solution here, and feel free to keep the link for a rainy day - it may come in handy.
cheers
Alan A Hodson
West Texas: ELP
-=o=-

Christian Einfeldt wrote:
hi,

I am a volunteer supporting a public middle school in San Francisco with FOSS. We are getting ready for the new school year, and one of the teachers would like to use this site

http://www.explorelearning.com/

Unfortunately, it requires Adobe shockwave, a non-Free software package. We are in the process of moving the operating system on our server from K12LTSP to Edubuntu. I am wondering if anyone here has succeeded in getting shockwave running in any kind of k12LTSP or edubuntu networks. We are currently running on a Xeon dual core 2gb machine, but will soon be moving to a slightly faster machine.

Thanks!