Re: [K12OSN] kdebase required by k12ltsp-core?

Many of the educational packages that come with K12LTSP are from the kde-edu project. They may depend on kdebase. Installing kdebase consumes an insignificant amount of diskspace--diskspace is cheap--and having it installed is a good idea even if you're strictly running Gnome.

Peter

Nils Breunese wrote:
Hello,

We are setting up K12LTSP 5EL and noticed kdebase (including Konqueror) is installed by default. I tried to remove it, but apparently the k12ltsp-core package lists kdebase as a dependency. Anyone have any idea why? We like a clean Gnome desktop. :o)

Nils Breunese.