Re: [K12OSN] find command

Roger wrote:

you answered exactly why I use find. I never would have come up with that wording, but you put exactly why I use find instead of locate. Locate is to locate a file, or to see where I squirreled something away. I use find when I want to get certain files in a subdirectory and do something with them. I just recently noticed that find uses the wild card character like you expect it to, I was just wondering when it changed.

I couldn't find that change in the output of 'rpm -q --changelog findutils', but I guess it has been this way for quite some time now. At least I don't remember having to escape wildcards when using find.

Nils Breunese.