Re: [K12OSN] find command

On 8/29/07, Nils Breunese <nils breun nl> wrote:
Roger wrote:

> you answered exactly why I use find.    I  never would have come up
> with that wording, but you put exactly why I use find instead of
> locate.  Locate is to locate a file,  or to see where I squirreled
> something away.  I use find when I want to get certain files in a
> subdirectory and do something with them.
> I just recently noticed that find uses the wild card character like
> you expect it to, I was just wondering when it changed.

I couldn't find that change in the output of 'rpm -q --changelog
findutils', but I guess it has been this way for quite some time now.
At least I don't remember having to escape wildcards when using find.

I first learned it on solaris, then used it on BSD.  Could be linux version you never had to.  And to think I could have saved a keystroke all these years..

--
Roger