[K12OSN] Google apps

Kari Matthews karisue at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 21:45:39 UTC 2007

GRRRR... I use google apps for our school email.  I linked to the google
apps page from our website.  I got a call today from the pastor (it's a
Catholic school) saying there is porn on my website, and please remove it
immediately.  Turns out, someone clicked on google apps and then on video.
There, in the top 10 list, are a bunch of porn sites.  The principal said
pretty gruffly, "We cannot have this on our site!"  It was not on *my* site,
of course, but no matter -- in his head, that is St. Mary's site, and it
needed to be removed.

Ugh ... I wonder if I emailed google if they would take any action so that
places of business (esp schools) could still link to google apps w/o having
that link.  I doubt it, but still.

The problem is not student access in the building, but student / parent
access from home.  They do not want there to be any links to such material
from my homepage.

Any thoughts?
~kari