Re: [K12OSN] Google apps

On 8/30/07, Christian Einfeldt <einfeldt gmail com> wrote:
hi

On 8/30/07, Kari Matthews < karisue gmail com> wrote:
GRRRR... I use google apps for our school email.  I linked to the google apps page from our website.  I got a call today from the pastor (it's a Catholic school) saying there is porn on my website,

I have not been able to replicate this problem, and I am a volunteer sys admin for a public middle school which uses google apps, and so this is obviously a concern for us.  Please give me a URL to the page where the link appears, together with a description as to which link is the offending link.

Kari,

We use Google Apps at out school, too.

Just to try to clarify things...

* You added a link on your school's web site to the school's Google Apps web page.  Would that be start.yourgoogleappsdomain.org?

* On your school's Google Apps Start page, is a link to video.google.com (the "Video" link above the Google search box)

* On video.google.com, the school's pastor saw that web page's Top 10 list.

Was that accurate?  If it was, I'm not sure what you could really do about this situation.  This would really be no different than someone just going to www.google.com and clicking on that web page's "Video" link.

David Whitmer
Director of Media & Technology
Calvary Schools of Holland
www.calvaryschoolsholland.org