[K12OSN] Network Drives

Ben Nickell twinprism at athena.physics.isu.edu
Fri Aug 31 00:08:58 UTC 2007

Kemp, Levi wrote:
> Thanks, I'll try the force user and force group ones. But what how are the create mode and directory mode used?

One useful force directory mode for shares shared by a group is 2775,
this will allow any directories created under this group to be group
writeable, and also sets the s bit on the group like 'chmod g+s'  which
means the group on the directory will be the same as the parent folder,
regardless of the default group of the user that created the file.

For a group web publishing directory, I use it like
   force create mode = 775
   force directory mode = 2775

Hope this is helpful to someone,
Ben