Re: [K12OSN] Network Drives

Kemp, Levi wrote:
Thanks, I'll try the force user and force group ones. But what how are the create mode and directory mode used?

One useful force directory mode for shares shared by a group is 2775, this will allow any directories created under this group to be group writeable, and also sets the s bit on the group like 'chmod g+s' which means the group on the directory will be the same as the parent folder, regardless of the default group of the user that created the file.
For a group web publishing directory, I use it like
  force create mode = 775
  force directory mode = 2775

Hope this is helpful to someone,
Ben