[K12OSN] will this setup work?

Howdy all,

I swear that at one point I had my network working with the cable modem connected directly to my k12ltsp server (eth1), then to my 25 port switch; thin clients boot and internet worked, and Windows machines plugged into the switch had internet too.

I have this set up with k12ltsp 6.0, and the thin clients boot/have internet, but the Machines cannot find the internet.  I went with a pretty basic install of the k12 software.  What could be my problem?  Do I have to have a router in there somewhere?

If I install a wireless router between the cable modem and the k12 server, will my teachers be able to get wireless to their laptops?

Thanks!
Will