[K12OSN] ATI ES1000 video card causing bad image

P Morrison morrip_2000 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 1 05:06:13 UTC 2007

Hi.

I am new to this forum.  Does anyone know anything
about a problem with the ATI ES1000 and
incompatibility with K12LTSP?

During the dos screen it looks fine on the install,
but when it gets to probing for hardware and finds the
ATI ES1000, my screen refreshes to an UN-synced mode.
I tried several different brands of monitors and same
problem occurred.

I DID find a message on an unrelated website about a
RedHat install suggesting a change to the xorg.conf
file to change the Driver name from "ati" to "vesa".
Does anybody know if this works on the K12LTSP
install?

Thanks.
P Morrison
Kingdom Christian Academy