[K12OSN] Joomla

Travis Smith tsmith at geneseeschools.org
Mon Dec 3 16:16:57 UTC 2007

I posted a few months ago about going with Drupal or Joomla. Well I forgot to give an update so here it is.. I ended up setting up a HP ProliantDL320 with 2 two sata drives in raid 1 (couldn't afford SAS) and installed joomla on top of Fedora 6. Everything has been rock solid, only time the server rebooted was when power was out for the whole day and my ups gave up. We bought a php calendar for 50 bones and thats it. I gotta say it felt good showing off the powerful open source solution to the rest of the schools in the county who have a tendency to have OPM addiction sometimes lol.

I haven't found a home yet for a k12ltsp server in the school (we had 2 2003 terminal servers when I got here) because I haven't completely figured out authenticating to edirectory but I love the list and reading all the emails. You are a great bunch of guys with a lot of wisdom.

If you want to check of the website here it is www.geneseeschools.org

cheers,

Travis

Scanned by GenNET AV out