[K12OSN] Heads up: CentOS 5.1 released

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Tue Dec 4 16:07:08 UTC 2007

James P. Kinney III wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-12-04 at 09:40 -0500, Rob Owens wrote:
>>  I've got 160 days of uptime since I plugged my
>> server into a new UPS, and I'd like to see how far I can take it...
>
> I have a server with 387 days uptime and counting. :)

I had one that was up for a bit over 4 years before I had to move it.  I
think it was installed as a k12ltsp 3.x version, then had the updates
that were available for RH 7.3 applied - until there weren't any more
updates.  That version had a bug where the uptime counter rolled over
every 497 days but I know it had not been down before the move (dual
power supply, UPS, generator backup, etc.) and it is still chugging away.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com