[K12OSN] Firefox and load average

Michael Blinn mblinn at peopleplaces.org
Tue Dec 4 16:36:09 UTC 2007

This may have to do with the hang when first loading FF after an
update.  FF brings in many language-specific extensions that will cause
a very long load time, but only the first time it's run by each user.

Since my users only work in English, I just 'rm -rf
/usr/lib/firefox-1.5.0.12/extensions/*' after every FF yum update. I'm
on K12V6 so 1.5.0.12 is my FF version.

-Michael