[K12OSN] Impress crashing .. ver 2.3

John Lucas mrjohnlucas at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 14:20:17 UTC 2007

Brandon Kovach wrote:
> I searched and searched yesterday and found several things regarding
> Impress crashing.  So I uninstalled (via yum) openoffice 2.0.4 that comes
> stock to the box, in k12ltsp 6.0 32 bit.  Then I installed the LNG java
> from sun ... 1.6 I think. Then I installed, via rpm, openoffice 2.3.1 from
> openoffice.org.  I set the exception=openoffice.org in yum.conf and still
> nothing.  I found the SE linux deal, and set that to permissive.  That got
> the applications running.  However, Impress still crashes now.  But
> different than yesterday, it crashes at random after you start a
> presentation.  Yesterday, it crashed right off the bat.  Now, I may get a
> slide or two in before it crashes.  I have some reservations about how SE
> linux was actually set to permissive by the GUI tool, as it took parts of
> a second to do when on install, it takes a minute or two to change.
>
> Any help?
>
> BK

I have had Impress apbruptly terminate because the terminal's X server
exhausted all memory. It would load and start to run Impress, but after
the first couple of slides while running "slideshow" it would die. This
was with a DevonIT 8020P terminal with 128MB RAM. Turning on NBD swap
solved the problem.

                         - Mark Twain

| John Lucas            MrJohnLucas at gmail.com               |
| St. Thomas, VI 00802  http://mrjohnlucas.googlepages.com/ |
| 18.3°N, 65°W          AST (UTC-4)                         |