[K12OSN] Centos 5 64bit, webmin and dansguardian

ssh at tranquility.net ssh at tranquility.net
Sat Dec 1 18:27:52 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-30 at 08:06 -0500, James P. Kinney III wrote:
> That really sounds like one of the "upgrades" overwrote a config. You
> will likely need to start over from scratch on that setup.

I had decided that yesterday. This is a fresh install, so it's probably
less trouble to re-install.

This particular situation will be dhcp/squid/dansguardian only (no
client terminals, just feeding Windows machines). To fit in with the
existing network, eth1 is 10.10.195.10 and eth0 10.10.195.11, and the
DHCP leases on up from there. What is the best way to do this? We need
to reserve 10.10.195.x on down. If a machine is on those lower IPs, can
I just set up eth0 to be 10.10.195.0/24 and DHCP won't offer a lease on
an existing IP?

I am more comfortable with the traditional dual-nic install, but for no
LTSP clients would a single-nic install be as good?

thx,
Scott S.