[K12OSN] Request for suggestions regarding comprehensivestatistics on a large survey

Nils Breunese nils at breun.nl
Mon Dec 3 15:11:14 UTC 2007

Henry Hartley wrote:

> The company for whom I work has a statistical package called WesVar.
> Version 5 requires a license (i.e. not-free) but version 4 simply
> requires you to give a name, address, and e-mail address.  I have no
> idea if they require a "real" name, address, and e-mail address.
> Also,
> it is a Windows only package although it may run under WINE.  I'm
> not in
> the statistics end of things so I cannot help you with any specifics
> but
> there it is.
>
> http://www.westat.com/wesvar/index.html

I did some statistical work with R (http://www.r-project.org/) a
couple of years ago at university. I couldn't help you now, but I know
it works, it is free, it is licensed under the GPL and it is cross-
platform. It is an open-source implementation of the S language, if
you're familiar with that: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S_(programming_language)

Nils Breunese.