Re: [K12OSN] Request for suggestions regarding comprehensivestatistics on a large survey

Henry Hartley wrote:

The company for whom I work has a statistical package called WesVar.
Version 5 requires a license (i.e. not-free) but version 4 simply
requires you to give a name, address, and e-mail address.  I have no
idea if they require a "real" name, address, and e-mail address. Also, it is a Windows only package although it may run under WINE. I'm not in the statistics end of things so I cannot help you with any specifics but
there it is.

http://www.westat.com/wesvar/index.html

I did some statistical work with R (http://www.r-project.org/) a couple of years ago at university. I couldn't help you now, but I know it works, it is free, it is licensed under the GPL and it is cross- platform. It is an open-source implementation of the S language, if you're familiar with that: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S_(programming_language)

Nils Breunese.