Re: [K12OSN] Heads up: CentOS 5.1 released

Rob Owens wrote:

Is there any good reason to update the kernel if everything is working
fine for me right now?  I've got 160 days of uptime since I plugged my
server into a new UPS, and I'd like to see how far I can take it... But that's just for bragging rights, so if there's a good reason to use the
new kernel, someone let me know and I'll upgrade it.

Look up the changelog for the kernel package and see if it fixes anything that might affect your situation. It looks like there have hundreds of patches since 2.6.18-8.1.15.el5... :o)

Nils Breunese.