[K12OSN] re: 1440x990 resolution on thin client

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Tue Dec 4 17:10:54 UTC 2007

> Jim,
>
> Not only do I have a widescreen monitor, but I love it and I want more.
>  For your reference, it's a 22" Acer AL2216W and I get them for about
> $230 from newegg.com.  For my organization, it doesn't make sense to buy
> anything smaller because it doesn't save me enough money.  But I can't
> find any 4:3 monitors above 19" or 20".
>
> I have the specs for my monitor, and I plugged them into a modeline
> generator that is posted on sourceforge, but the resulting modeline
> didn't work.  I'm a little confused, though, whether I'm supposed to be
> specifying the X_HORZSYNC and X_VERTREFRESH along with the modeline.  I
> think I've tried all combinations and none worked (but I could have
> missed something).
>
> Anyway, I'll google for modelines for my monitor and will surely report
> back if I am successful.  I'll also try the live CD option.
>
> -Rob

I'm definitely far from an expert on this topic (probably not even a novice :-)  But I
just wanted you to be aware this isn't necessarily a problem relating to the thin
client, but likely the xorg.conf.  I hope the liveCD trick works for you.  Sounds like a
pretty nice monitor for $230.  If you get this to work please post back, I might be
interested in some of these ;-)

Jim