To: "Support list for open source software in schools." <k12osn redhat com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2007 4:57 AM
Subject: Re: [K12OSN] IP Printers on the Terminal Side of LTSP

On 05/12/2007, Julius Szelagiewicz <julius turtle com> wrote:
> Is it possible to connect an HP JetDirect Printer on the terminal side > of > your LTSP server? I set the IP to 192.168.0.251 and removed .250+ from > the > dhcp, but still cannot seem to get it set right in CUPS. The driver/ppd > is
> easy to find as it is a HPLJ5n, so I don't believe that is the issue.
> Network host '192.168.0.251' is busy; will retry in 20 seconds... Is > shown
> on the CUPS page. The Device URI: is socket://192.168.0.251:9100 I feel
> like I'm overlooking something really simple. Thanks in advance.

Levi, first things first: does "telnet 192.168.0.251 9100" get you into
your jetdirect?
Maybe you have another device with this address on the network? Mabe the
jetdirect has hp protocol disabled?

I have over a hundred of embedded and external jetdirects, all on the
internal networks, with no problems.

Agree with Julius. Did you restart dhcpd service after change in IP
settings in dhcpd.conf?
--
Regards,
Sudev Barar