[K12OSN] Windows XP problem

"Terrell Prudé Jr." microman at cmosnetworks.com
Sat Dec 8 14:29:03 UTC 2007

Unfortunate, but understandable...just don't break the EULA with the
connections, though.  James Kinney was right on.  You *can* get majorly
sued if you do that.  If you do need all those connections to a Windows
box, then you need to purchase Windows Server and the "terminal server"
Client Access Licenses (CAL's).  Matter of fact, you might bring that
fact up to help convince the bosses to go w/ a Linux-based solution (e.
g. K12LTSP or Edubuntu).

And you're right.  "Linux is hard" is a myth.  And it's FUD perpetuated
by Microsoft and their army of scared MCSE's.

--TP
Do you GNU <http://www.gnu.org>?
Microsoft Free since 2003 <http://www.cmosnetworks.com>--the ultimate
antivirus protection!