[K12OSN] Re: Schools and the OPM Addiction

Henry Hartley henryhartley at westat.com
Mon Dec 17 14:22:42 UTC 2007

Huck wrote:

>> James P. Kinney III wrote:

>> > Or a room full of Linux thin clients with graphics tablets at
>> > teachertool!
>>
>> smartboards? fairly cheap... $1400...from SmartTechnologies

My niece just sent me a link to this YouTube video of Johnny Lee of
Carnegie Mellon demonstrating how to make a fairly cheap white board
using a Wii remote and a standard projector.  I have no idea if his
software would work on Linux (his demos look like Windows) but he might
be willing to work with the community on porting them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s5EvhHy7eQ

His web site is http://johnnylee.net and his blog is
http://procrastineering.blogspot.com/

--