Re: [K12OSN] OT Computer Hardware/Software Inventory

Barry Cisna wrote:
Levi,

We have been using OCSInventory-NG for about two years now. One peice of
software that saves LOTS of leg work! As others mentioned here works just
as slick on Winders as it does on linux. You can also push out software to
individual Pc's with it as well. Works tons better than doing installs via
MS software installer blah blah stuff via AD.Shows all installed software
right down to the bios version on each box. It's ALL accurate too!The
latest client version works like a champ on Winders Vista too( If you are
saddled with this misfortune as we are:-).
Give it a spin, You'll be up and running with it in about an hour once you
get it all downloaded to a linux server.

Take Care,

Barry Cisna

I tried out OCS and it works pretty good in obtaining info on each PC but how does one inventory items such as network printers, wireless access points, switches (managed and unmanaged), and other off-line hardware (such as spare PC's, printers, etc) that are in storage?

Ray