[K12OSN] Scanner Recommendation

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Thu Dec 20 21:35:06 UTC 2007

Just wondering if anyone could recommend a good scanner to use with Linux?  We have an
HP currently at our Jr. High that scans fine, but makes all the photos a little green.
They want to use the scanner for pictures brought in from home to use for the school
yearbook, and a good quality scan is critical (ie: not green :-)

I promise I won't come back to haunt you if your recommendation goes awry, but I just
need some personal feedback.

The desktop this is used on is running Edubuntu 7.04 and currently we are using SANE to
access the HP scanner.

Thanks,

Jim Kronebusch
Cotter Tech Department