Re: [K12OSN] New to K12LTSP - basic help please

-- K12LTSP 6.0.0 - Using the Gnome desktop --

* Workstation Login Screen
I figured out how to add the school's logo to the main login screen. Now, is there a way to remove the menu items in the upper left screen. I want to remove, Session, Language, and Theme - leaving only Disconnect.
I know that there is a file to edit to do this, but I don't remember off the top of my head, I'm sure it's in the archives somewhere. I know this has been discussed before.

* Workstation Desktop
Now once logged in. I have three icons (Computer, Home folder and Trash) - but I also have full menus at the top of the page. Is there a way to limit access? The students do not "Places" or "System" menus - and in "Applications" they don't need "system tools".

Items that require root (administrative) permission may show up in the menu, but that doesn't mean the students can make changes to the system. It's going to ask for an administrative password if they try to make changes to the system; so even though they might have that menu, they don't have root access. I'm sure there is some way to change the menu so that students don't even have those menu items, but I've never worried about it, since they can't do any damage.

* Now for the teacher.....
The teacher logs in as who.... ??
Of course we don't want the teacher to log in to the server as root. Is there a special '"teacher" configuration / login?

ANY pointers or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time,

John,
Bakersfield, Ca.