Re: [K12OSN] State of K12LTSP?

I think the hope is that eventually K12LTSP will become part of the Fedora project. Most of the recent development of LTSP has been happening on Ubuntu/Edubuntu, in part because Canonical is sponsoring someone to do so (Oliver Grawert) and has been very supportive of LTSP. LTSP 5 is a big step in the direction of making it easier to incorporate LTSP into a distro's repositories, but it's not like other applications--that is, it's much more complicated--and while it's got a ways to go, it's getting there. Warren Togami, who founded the Fedora project and I believe now works for Red Hat, was present at an LTSP hackfest this past fall, but I don't know if there's any formal participation by Fedora in LTSP (yet).

Peter

Patrick Fleming wrote:
I was wondering if there is a roadmap or something similar for the
K12LTSP? I ask mainly because K12LTSP is at version 6 based upon Fedora
6, while Fedora is up to 8 and the k12ltsp.org web site doesn't seem to
show information regarding newer versions.