[K12OSN] State of K12LTSP?

Peter Scheie peter at scheie.homedns.org
Fri Dec 28 00:58:06 UTC 2007

I think the hope is that eventually K12LTSP will become part of the Fedora
project.  Most of the recent development of LTSP has been happening on
Ubuntu/Edubuntu, in part because Canonical is sponsoring someone to do so
(Oliver Grawert) and has been very supportive of LTSP.  LTSP 5 is a big step in
the direction of making it easier to incorporate LTSP into a distro's
repositories, but it's not like other applications--that is, it's much more
complicated--and while it's got a ways to go, it's getting there.  Warren
Togami, who founded the Fedora project and I believe now works for Red Hat, was
present at an LTSP hackfest this past fall, but I don't know if there's any
formal participation by Fedora in LTSP (yet).

Peter