[K12OSN] New to K12LTSP - basic help please

Peter Scheie peter at scheie.homedns.org
Fri Dec 28 01:07:04 UTC 2007

Just to pile on what others have said:

-For modifying the login screen, see the link to the wiki that Mel gave.  You'll
find a lot of good info on the wiki; have a look around.

-For the teacher, there is no special login, so just create one; don't use the
root account for the teacher.  You may want to setup the teacher account with
sudo access, as there are somethings that may require root-like access, and you
don't want the teacher to login as root.

-Use Sabayon for customizing everyone's menus.  I don't think it's installed by
default, but you should be able to install it via yum (command line) or YumEx (GUI).

-AND--and this is arguably the most important part--post any questions to this
list.  Everyone is quite friendly and will do what they can to help you out.

Peter