Re: [K12OSN] State of K12LTSP?

Mark Trimble wrote:

On Dec 27, 2007 7:39 PM, <monteslu cox net <mailto:monteslu cox net>> wrote:

    Eric Harrison, any chance we can get an official comment on the
    state of things?

    I'm sure you're a busy guy, and I very much appreciate the years
    of work you've put into the project.

    I've been using K12LTSP for a several years, but had to switch to
    edubuntu this past summer.
    I'd switch back to fedora in a heartbeat if it had solid LTSP5
    support.

I'm using K12LTSP at the moment, but have also been a Skolelinux user for years. What is it about edubuntu/K12LTSP that would make you "switch back to fedora in a heartbeat if it (K12LTSP) had solid LTSP5 support"?

Mark

I've been using Redhat since 5.1 so perhaps I've just gotten comfortable with redhat/fedora based distros. K12LTSP seemed very polished and things just worked. Edubuntu is great and it's getting better all the time, but there was definitely a learning curve this summer when I switched over. I've ranted on this and the edubuntu list in the past on a few issues, but they have been mostly resolved.

I'd like to see LTSP5 on fedora because there is quite a bit of functionality that LTSP4 is missing as well an new things on the horizon like easy to use local apps.

Luis