Re: [K12OSN] No IP Address Once

Try swapping in a new NIC.  I remember running into some 3c905 NICs that would slowly and gradually fail by silently dropping frames.  The NIC continues to slowly degrade until eventually no frames will pass anymore.  As this progresses, the NIC still gives a link light, and you will thus think that everything's OK.  Took me a couple of days to figure it out....

--TP
Do you GNU?

Fajar Adianto wrote:
The client is HP Vectra PII 400mhz with 64mb ram and 3com 3c905 txnm, boots using floppy image version 5.4.3 from rom-o -matic. It's in a small lan of 10 clients. I used DLink switch (I don't think it's a managed one). I don't fully understand about spanning tree. Anyway, thanks Barry.