Re: [K12OSN] (no subject)

Sudev Barar wrote:
On 29/12/2007, Barry Cisna <brcisna eazylivin net> wrote:
If I understand you correctly you are wanting to keep their '03sbs server
sitting as it is, and then implement the ltsp/k12ltsp along side of it,to
see if they *CAN* learn to like k12ltsp right? If that is the case you

No. The two networks will be run in parallel but physically separate
networks. Each will have a server controlling it k12 in one and sbs in
other..

Thanks for pointers in any case.

If the networks are connected on the external sides of the servers with appropriate routing you could run rdesktop from the k12ltsp side and connect to the sbs server and/or set up the dhcp on the windows side to boot from the k12ltsp server. If that's not the case, you might add a low-powered k12ltsp installation just to boot clients on the windows side or for a proof-of-concept check boot a knoppix CD to load rdesktop. There are some other boot-from-cd solutions but I haven't kept up with them. PXES seems to have sold out - Thinstation looks like it might still work and you could build something to go straight to rdesktop.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les futuresource com