[K12OSN] Updating the PXE start files

Todd O'Bryan toddobryan at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 21:16:48 UTC 2007

On Dec 30, 2007 11:46 AM, Kenneth Lundström <kenneth.lundstrom at nudata.fi> wrote:

> My client got an new Thinkpad R61 and would like to use it mostly as an
> client in the LTSP network. I´m offsite so I installed an test server
> from the same CD:s to find out if I could get the Thinkpad to work with
> K12LTSP.

I have a laptop at school that I want to integrate into the thin
client network, but rather than actually using it as a client, I
decided I'd rather be able to just walk away from the server if I
needed to, so I'm planning to try to install FreeNX on the server and
a client on the laptop. If I want the laptop to look like a client
(i.e., run from the server), I just open a session to the server. If I
need to do something just on the laptop, just close the session and
I'm my own island again.

Unfortunately, because I'm using Ubuntu for AMD 64, getting FreeNX set
up has not been as easy as I'd have liked. Once I finish up the 58
college recommendation letters that I have to have written and
postmarked by tomorrow, I'll be back in the lab trying to get things
working for next semester and will let you know how well it works.

Todd