Re: [K12OSN] Updating the PXE start files

Todd O'Bryan wrote:

I have a laptop at school that I want to integrate into the thin
client network, but rather than actually using it as a client, I
decided I'd rather be able to just walk away from the server if I
needed to, so I'm planning to try to install FreeNX on the server and
a client on the laptop. If I want the laptop to look like a client
(i.e., run from the server), I just open a session to the server. If I
need to do something just on the laptop, just close the session and
I'm my own island again.

Note that these aren't mutually exclusive situations. You can continue to run local applications in separate windows, even if they are sometimes covered by the NX window, and it is often very useful to be able to cut and paste between them.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les futuresource com