[K12OSN] RAID let me down...

Jim McQuillan jam at mcquil.com
Tue Feb 13 13:42:45 UTC 2007

Shawn,

Which hardware raid were you using?

I've been using 3Ware SATA raid, and it's been working great.  I managed
to pick a lousy batch of harddrives, and I've lost a few of them, and
each time, I just pop out the old drive, plug in the new one, and it
never misses a beat.

Software raid will never give you that nice hot-swap capability.

Jim McQuillan
jam at Ltsp.org