[K12OSN] ldap will not start on server

David Hopkins dahopkins429 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 16:53:58 UTC 2007

Thanks for the help everyone.  Turns out that the tech coord was mis-typing
the chown command, thus the *db* files weren't being reset properly to be
owned by ldap. Once he noticed this, and correctly set ownership of
/var/lib/ldap to ldap.ldap, everything started up properly.  I have now
found that it is very difficult to troubleshoot typos. :)

I do have backups running nightly for the database, but trying to walk the
tech coord through the steps via the phone when he is being pressured by
teachers/etc is not a fun thing.  I wouldn't have an issue with resetting
the database from the backups, but not something I want to try remotely just
yet.

Anyhow, thanks! thanks! Now, I can get back to my vacation.

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins