[K12OSN] local usb key won't mount anymore

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 16 00:17:05 UTC 2007

Thanks Petre.

In /etc/fstab, I only see an entry for My_CDrom.  (I
disabled floppy
access, since I use a boot floppy).

I tried 2 different usb keys, and neither one works.
When I plug in a
usb key, it lights up, then goes out.  This same usb
key used to stay
lit while it was plugged in.

I restarted udev on the server, but that didn't help.

Local cdrom access works fine.

Any ideas?

On Thu, Feb 15, 2007 at 04:17:32PM -0600, Petre Scheie

http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/LTSP-42-LocalDev#Troubleshooting

> Petre
>
> Rob Owens wrote:
> >I had my local usb key working fine, but I screwed
> >something up.  It all started when I tried to
> >simultaneously copy
> >about 5 very large directories to my 2 GB usb key.
> >Anyway, since them it hasn't been acting right.
Today
> >when I
> >tried to copy files to the usb key, they were
instead
> >copied to a local folder called ~/Drives/Removeable
> >Device... (I
> >know it was a local folder, because when I
unplugged
> >the usb key it was still there).  So I removed the
> >"Removeable
> >Device" folder and that didn't fix anything...
> >
> >Any suggestions?  I'm not sure exactly how this
file
> >mounting works, so I'm not in a good position to
> >troubleshoot
> >this.
> >
> >I am a member of the "fuse" group and /dev/fuse is
> >owned by user "root" and group "fuse".  And as I
said,