[K12OSN] fl_teachertool can't broadcast on k12 6

Peter Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Sun Feb 18 16:41:50 UTC 2007

fl_teachertool 0.41 on my K12LTSP 6 system can't broadcast to clients.
Monitoring works, as does lock (invoke screensaver).  I've enabled
X4_MODULE_02 = vnc in lts.conf and rebooted the clients. This happens
whether I run it as root or as a user who's been given permission via
sudoers.  When I call fl_tt from a command line and try to broadcast, I
see errors like this:

/usr/sbin/teachertool-vncviewer: ConnetctToTcpAddr: connect: Connection
refused
Unable to connect to VNC server

If I run nmap against a client, it shows there is a listener on port
5900.  I copied the .vnc directory from root's home directory to
/opt/ltsp/i386/root/.  I'm stumped as to why the connections are being
refused.  Anyone have any ideas?

Petre