[K12OSN] ssh access dropping out

ssh at tranquility.net ssh at tranquility.net
Mon Feb 19 00:57:29 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-02-19 at 05:53 +1300, Krsnendu dasa wrote:
> This is what happens.
> I ssh into my K12LTSP-6 server.
> Sometimes if I don't give it input for a few seconds it freezes and I
> have to reconnect.

On Putty, there is an option in the Connection tree to set keepalives. I
have had a few problems getting disconnected from sshd's over the net. I
set that to 30 (seconds) and it completely solved the problem.

If the sshd server is what is dropping it, that won't help other
clients. I see there is a line in /etc/ssh/sshd_config commented out
that may help (I haven't tried this).

Try uncommenting the line:

#ClientAliveInterval 0

and set the 0 to different values. You'll have to restart sshd to read the new config.

Hope this helps,
Scott S.