[K12OSN] Re: fl_teachertool can't broadcast on k12 6

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 05:53:47 UTC 2007

On 2/18/07, Petre Scheie <petre at maltzen.net> wrote:
> Yes, vnc-reflector-1.2.4-3.fc6 is installed, according to rpm.  Any
> other ideas?  The error message suggests that the clients are refusing
> the connection.  During the broadcast, a new login window and session
> are created; perhaps the error is about establishing that vnc session to
> the server rather than the vnc sessions to the clients?

Okay lets try this manually

1) first start the reflector
/usr/bin/vncreflector /etc/fl_teachertool/HOST_INFO_FILE &

2) start vncviewer for the teacher
/usr/bin/teachertool-vncviewer  localhost:99 &

3)start vncviewer for a student (from a client)
/usr/bin/teachertool-vncviewer -viewonly localhost:99 &

Let me know how it fails. Also check that you have the package
"vnc-ltsp-config" installed.
--
Robert Arkiletian