[K12OSN] yum update fails

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Mon Feb 19 14:16:59 UTC 2007

Thanks for that.  I notice my K12LTSP 5 (FC5) server is now having the same problem.
Using the exclude command works, but why is this problem arising now?  Was the K12LTSP
repo previously in sync with the Extras repo, but is no longer?

Petre

wilson at wilsonch.gotdns.com wrote:
> Just disable the icewm package in yum for the Extra's repo. Goto your
> /etc/yum.repos.d/ and edit the Extra's repo file and add the exclude
> command. :)
>

> exclude=icewm
>

> Wilson
>

>> More info: It appears to be a conflict between the k12lstp repo and the
>> extras repo.  K12ltsp uses icewm-* version 1.2.28, which is what is
>> installed; and the extras repo has icewm-* version 1.2.30.  I disabled
>> the extras repo (yes, there's a way to do it on the commandline passed
>> to yum, but I can never remember the syntax) and then 'yum update' ran
>> fine.  But I'd rather not have to turn off the extras repo whenever I do
>> an update.  Is this normal?
>>
>> Petre
>>
>> Petre Scheie wrote:
>>> Just installed k12lstp 6, and am trying to run yum update.  It fails
>>> with this error:
>>>
>>> --> Processing Dependency: icewm = 1.2.28 for package: icewm-l10n
>>> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
>>> Error: Missing Dependency: icewm = 1.2.28 is needed by package
>>> icewm-l10n
>>>
>>> But icewm is installed (by default):
>>>
>>> # rpm -qa |grep ice
>>> icewm-menu-gnome2-1.2.28-1.k12ltsp.6.0.0
>>> icewm-1.2.28-1.k12ltsp.6.0.0
>>> icewm-themes-1.2.28-1.k12ltsp.6.0.0